Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Pflugerville summer, have the experts at Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to unlawfully discharging it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning today at 512-355-1482.