One of the most important parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more crucial. Winters in Pflugerville are unpredictable and the coldest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you find a professional technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most widespread causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time passing through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut off sometimes. The older the furnace, the harder it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can ward off these issues and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to forget small things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this important step, especially if there was a new spike in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can often be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the effectiveness of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Pflugerville professional. If there are still difficulties after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning in Pflugerville.