Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Pflugerville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. mow the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning in Pflugerville at 512-355-1482 today.