During the cold Pflugerville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning right away if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning at 512-355-1482 or schedule an appointment with us online.