When it’s frigid in Pflugerville you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The pros at Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.