Whether you enjoy winter or desire the warmer months in Pflugerville, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be changed. We recommend at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Install a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning in Pflugerville a call to begin. Give us a shout at 512-355-1482 or book an appointment with us online.