Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Pflugerville during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Evenaire Heating & Air Conditioning at 512-355-1482 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.